I’m pleased to announce that my story collection, The Dinosaur Diaries and Other Tales Across Space and Time, is now available for purchase.
If you’ve been a fan of my stories, here’s your chance to own what I consider my best eighteen stories so far — including one tale all new to this collection. Since my short stories have been published in such a wide variety of places, I know how hard it can be to find many of them, so it really gratifies me to finally be able to point people to this book. Here’s a run down on what’s in it, including where the stories originally appeared:
- Foreword by Kristine Kathryn Rusch. I’ve known Kris ever since I wandered into her writing workshop back in my Eugene, Oregon days, and I was really thrilled when she agreed to write an introduction to this collection.
- Introduction. A few words from me — very brief.
- “The Dinosaur Diaries,” Realms of Fantasy, ed Shawna McCarthy, April 2008
- “Road Gamble,” Ellery Queen, ed. Janet Hutchings, June 2007.
- “A Dark Planetarium,” Indy Men’s Magazine, ed. Lou Harry, December 2003
- “The Liberators,” Analog Science Fiction and Fact, ed. Stanley Schmidt, April 2004
- “Tommy Top Hat,” published here for the first time
- “Shatterboy,” Cicada, ed. Marianne Carus, November 2005
- “Heart of Stone,” HAGS, SIRENS, AND OTHER BAD GIRLS, ed. Denise Little of Tekno, DAW Books , July 2006
- “The Tiger in the Garden,” Asimov’s, ed Sheila Williams, June 2006
- “Directions to Mourning’s Deep,” Weird Tales, ed. George Scithers and Darrell Schweitzer, April/May 2007.
- “Motivational Speaker,” MYSTERY DATE, ed. Denise Little of Tekno, DAW Books, February 2008
- “The Time Traveler’s Wife,” Analog Science Fiction and Fact, ed. Stanley Schmidt, July/August 2005
- “Epic, The,” TWENTY EPICS, ed. David Moles and Susan Marie Groppi, All-Star Stories, July 2006
- “Happy Time,” Postscripts, ed. Peter Crowther, PS Publishing, November 2006
- “The Grand Mal Reaper,” Realms of Fantasy, ed Shawna McCarthy, August 2006
- “The World in Primary Colors,” Ellery Queen, ed. Janet Hutchings, September-October 2007
- “Father Hagerman’s Dog,” Analog, ed. Stanley Schmidt, June 2007
- “With Dignity,” BURIED TREASURES, ed. Jerry Oltion, Eugene Professional Writers Workshops, November 1996
- “A Christmas in Amber,” Analog Science Fiction and Fact, ed. Stanley Schmidt, December 2005.
I’d like to thank Fantastic Books, and especially my editor, Doug Cohen, for shepherding this one into print.
What are you waiting for? For less than $1/story, you can add this one to your shelf. It also makes a great gift. Buy it today.
This starving writer really appreciates your support.